NPC detection not working during Yami Bakura event

Forums Members Area Help NPC detection not working during Yami Bakura event

• Creator
    Topic
    AleanAlean
    Participant

Hello there!
    With the latest update of Duel Links (1.7.0) and Duelit (2.0 v.041) (During the Yami Bakura Event) the bot detects NPC’s in places where there are no NPC’s. It picks a color on the ground and sees it as an NPC.

The Log is attached as screenshot.

In the past I’ve added many NPC’s because duel links did not detect them. This might be the cause of the problem. It might be reffering to a color that I added myself when it tries to detect an NPC in the shop. Is there any way to reset the NPC settings file?

I hope this helped!
    Alean

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    steilzsteilz
    Administrator

Due to the bakura event and the changed colors you might have to delete some codes from your npcColors.ini and restart duelit.

You can reset it to default by deleting your npcColors.ini file.

AleanAlean
    Participant
    steilz wrote:
    Due to the bakura event and the changed colors you might have to delete some codes from your npcColors.ini and restart duelit.

You can reset it to default by deleting your npcColors.ini file.

I’ve have deleted the npcColors.ini file in the Duelit folder and reset it to the default NPC’s. This makes no difference. Still the same problem. 

Alean

p.s.
    When do you want a thread in the “Bugreports” section and when do you want it in the “Help” section?
    I figured this to be a bug so I put it in the bugreports. But I see you’ve moved it to Help.

steilzsteilz
    Administrator

The default colorfile might have colors in it aswell which cause issues with the bakura event, like i said, you gotta remove the colors causing problems (should be done in one stagerun, some seconds of work)

I moved it to the helpsection ’cause its not a bug, just wrong colors which can be optimized by every user.

AleanAlean
    Participant
    steilz wrote:
    The default colorfile might have colors in it aswell which cause issues with the bakura event, like i said, you gotta remove the colors causing problems (should be done in one stagerun, some seconds of work)

I moved it to the helpsection ’cause its not a bug, just wrong colors which can be optimized by every user.

Won’t this result in some NPC’s not being detected because I took out their colors? Anyway, I’ll try this solution and report back to this thread if any new problems appear regarding this issue.

Thanks for the help!
    Alean

steilzsteilz
    Administrator

Normally there are way more colors than needed in the default npcColors.ini since that file was updated by the community over weeks, deleting some colors shouldn’t have a bigger effect.

AleanAlean
    Participant
    steilz wrote:
    Normally there are way more colors than needed in the default npcColors.ini since that file was updated by the community over weeks, deleting some colors shouldn’t have a bigger effect.

You are right. The colors don’t impact the regular detection of NPC’s. Just delete them from the npcColors.ini and you are good to go.

If duel links detects NPC’s where there are no NPC’s do the following:
    – Make a screenshot of the duel links log. You’ll need it later on to find the color codes you’ll be deleting.
    – In the Duelit folder created on first setup of the program, there should be a npcColors file. Open that using notepad.
    – In it is a list of codes looking somewhat like this: 0xEECDBD. Now open up the screenshot you took earlier.
    – You will have to delete the codes that gave Duelit problems in detecting NPC’s from the list. (In the screenshot I took, down below in the attachment, I highlighted all the codes that gave me errors. Look at that for reference if you don’t know what you’re looking for.)
    – Now, using ctrl+f, find the codes that are giving errors in notepad in the npcColors file you opened earlier. Delete these codes.
    – Press ctr+s to save the file and you’ll be good to go!

Hope this helped!
    Alean

steilzsteilz
    Administrator

Thanks for the little tutorial, ill add a link to that post in the tutorials section, might help some ppl.

a575640569a575640569
    Participant

What if I can’t find those error code in the list of the npcColors, and the error kept throwing?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.