Issue with Data Downloading

Forums Members Area Help Issue with Data Downloading

• Creator
    Topic
    TuneTune
    Participant

I’ve used the search bar and have come up empty handed. 

I’ve downloaded the Duel links updates (243 if I remember correctly) over 5 times and once it’s completed it acts as if it never downloaded and asks me to download once again. Is there any known issue with this?

* I’ve re downloaded Nox three times (5.0 twice and 3.8.3.1 once all clean installs.
    * I’ve downloaded via “Initiate Link” and also “Data Transfer” and neither work.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GoofGoof
    Participant

If you’re using a modded apk, delete it and use the playstore apk.

What happens when the download finishes, does the ‘start’ button appear? Or does the game crash?

TuneTune
    Participant
    Goof wrote:
    If you’re using a modded apk, delete it and use the playstore apk.

What happens when the download finishes, does the ‘start’ button appear? Or does the game crash?

It’s a play store download. The download finishes and the start appears. No crashes or anything.

steilzsteilz
    Administrator

Did you give NOX enough CPU and RAM?
    What i heard is, that this is a common problem when NOX/Duel Links is having performance issues

TuneTune
    Participant
    steilz wrote:
    Did you give NOX enough CPU and RAM?
    What i heard is, that this is a common problem when NOX/Duel Links is having performance issues

I’ve enabled Virtualization and set priorities, we’ll see how it goes.

GoofGoof
    Participant

Neither of those will help if you’re trying to choke it on 512MB of RAM or something equally silly. Duellinks needs 2 CPU cores and around 2-3GB of RAM to run properly.

TuneTune
    Participant
    Goof wrote:
    Neither of those will help if you’re trying to choke it on 512MB of RAM or something equally silly. Duellinks needs 2 CPU cores and around 2-3GB of RAM to run properly.

I’ve changed it to 2 CPU cores and I have 4GB DDR3 RAM and Internet of 100mbps. Also I have already noticed a speed difference.

CycloneCyclone
    Participant

Hai I had this prob. My fix was to let it download without loading Duel Links on my phone that was connected to the same wifi/network as the pc. You can load it on your phone using your data instead until the dl finishes on the pc. This is what only works for me.

TuneTune
    Participant
    Cyclone wrote:
    Hai I had this prob. My fix was to let it download without loading Duel Links on my phone that was connected to the same wifi/network as the pc. You can load it on your phone using your data instead until the dl finishes on the pc. This is what only works for me.

Thanks!

steilzsteilz
    Administrator

Did it work for you?

TuneTune
    Participant
    steilz wrote:
    Did it work for you?

No it did not.

GoofGoof
    Participant

Considering the underlying NOX disk should be the same across all installs, I suspect you might have a data corruption issue. Either bad RAM or bad hard drive… It might be worth running a CHKDSK + memtest just to make sure they’re both fine…

https://windowsinstructed.com/run-chkdsk-windows/

https://www.memtest86.com/technical.htm

TuneTune
    Participant
    Goof wrote:
    Considering the underlying NOX disk should be the same across all installs, I suspect you might have a data corruption issue. Either bad RAM or bad hard drive… It might be worth running a CHKDSK + memtest just to make sure they’re both fine…

https://windowsinstructed.com/run-chkdsk-windows/

https://www.memtest86.com/technical.htm

I had replaced my hard drive just a couple months ago, but I just ran the tests and everything is fine.

HashtagmirinHashtagmirin
    Participant

i have had this problem before to. what you need to do is just instal a duel links apk without using the data transfer. After the download is complete you can just do a data transfer. The problem occurs because you use that account on another emulator or phone during the installation

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.