Cyber Angel deck guide AKA How to boost any account straight into the current meta

Forums Members Area General Discussion Cyber Angel deck guide AKA How to boost any account straight into the current meta

• Creator
    Topic
    DerpyderpDerpyderp
    Participant

Especially since the Steam release a lot of new players come to Dueli Links and a few older ones who stopped come back

The question everyone has is how do I pick it up and get to a point where I can join competitive ranks?

Instead of messaging individually on Discord I decided to make this guide

It its going to be separated into two parts: a) How to build the deck from complete scratch, b) how are CAs played, a few deck examples, basic and master plays using the deck

Section A: The grind to the trolliest F2P meta deck

Note 1: These steps are in order. If you have some already completed then that’s awesome! Skip ahead.

Note 2: Advancing stages can be done INSANELY faster if you use Nox/Bluestacks and GG to completing missions.

Note 3: All level ups and gatefarms can be done loads faster if you use a boosted orb and 8k instawin on any version of the bot (I recommend steam version for this as it runs way faster and gives you more duels for the duration of the bot)

If you dont want to buy keys at the trader for whatever reason buy at least blue and white. If you already have Enemy Controller x2 then only buy blue ones for later.

Step 1) Using any character unlock DM Stage 8 (regular world). This unlocks the unlock missions for Jaden Yuki

Step 2) Complete Jaden’s unlock missions to unlock Jaden and the GX World

Step 3) Complete stage missions in GX world to reach Stage 11. This unlocks the unlock missions for Alexis Rhodes

Step 4) Complete Alexis’ unlock missions.

Step 5) Pick Alexis as your character and farm Kaiba at the gate untill you have Enemy Controller x2

Step 6) Level Alexis to level 38. Level 23 is also viable but level 38 is MUCH preferred.

Step 7) Using any character get to DM stage 10 (Regular world) to unlock Mai Valentine. (Semi-Optional step)
    Step 7 Version 2.0) Using any other character (Or Mai if you unlocked her) farm Alexis at lvl 40 at the gate untill you obtain the following cards (some are already obtained by leveling her):

Cyber Angel Dakini x3
               Cyber Angel Benten x3
               Machine Angel Ritual x1
               Machine Angel Absolute Ritual x3

Step 8) Use your gems in the Neo-Impact box to get Senju of the Thousand Hands x2 (its a UR)

Step 9) Use your gems in the Ultimate Rising box to get Sonic Bird x1 (its a UR)

Step 10) Level Mai Valentine to lvl 25 for her Windstorm of Etaqua card.

Congrats![/b] You now have everything you need to make your very own CAncer deck!!

Section B: CAncer deck *insert trollface image* aka xXx69420leet1337playerxXx and how to play it

Now there are LOADS of variations on the deck. Many are good, many are bad. This is going to be my personal deck along with some recommendation for other cards to throw in. I am in NO way an expert in CAs and im quite sure many others many have different ideas for setting up this deck. Still, this deck can take you to KoG with your eyes closed.

After the section on how to play the deck I will include some cards you can swap in to mess around according to your own playstyle

Now that we have the shitty disclaimers out of the way….. onto the *insert dramatic music here* decklist

Duelist Skill: Restart or Balance (You could also use Alexi’s exclusive skill Master of Rites II or Pegasus’ Mind Scan but they re not as good in the long run). I personally Run Restart for pwning and Mind Scan for extra trolling.

Monsters:
    Cyber Angel Dakini x3         (Alexis Reward level 35 x1, Farm Alexis x2)
    Cyber Angel Benten x3       (Alexis Reward level 16 x1, Farm Alexis x2)
    Cyber Angel Idaten x1        (Alexis Reward level 21 x1)
    Petit Cyber Angel x2           (Alexis Reward level 23 x1, Alexis Reward level 38 x1) (The reason I said lvl 23 is viable but not preferred)
    Senju of the Thousand Hands x2    (Neo-Impact UR x2)
    Sonic Bird x1                                  (Ulitmate Rising UR x1)

Spells:
    Machine Angel Ritual x1                  (Alexis Reward level 3 x1)
    Machine Angel Absolute Ritual x3    (Alexis Reward level 33 x1, Farm Alexis x2)
    Enemy Controller x2                       (Farm Kaiba x3)

Traps:
    Spell Shield Type-8 x1                   (Alexis Reward level 18 x1)
    Windstorm of Etaqua x1               (Mai Reward level 25 x1)

Explaining the cards (Midway into writing this I got tired of writing every name fully so just keep in mind that MAR=Machine Angel Ritual and MAAR=Machine Angel Absolute Ritual)

Cyber Angel Dakini: 2700/2400 Boss monster. Level 8 ritual monster. Your strategy revolves around summoning 1 Dakini each turn. It does a number of things.

1) When it is summoned, you can choose to make the oponent send one of the monsters on his side of the field to the graveyard (their choice). Doesnt matter if it face up or down. This effect does NOT target or destroy so many monsters’ effect that trigger from that do not activate. You summon a beefy monster while crippling their monster zone
    2)ALL your ritual monsters do piercing damage.
    3) At the end of your turn you can send 1 Ritual Light monster OR 1 Machine Angel Ritual card from your graveyard to your hand. This includes Dakini, Benten, Idaten and Machine Angel Ritual. It does NOT include Machine Angel Absolute Ritual. Recycling at its best

Cyber Angel Benten:
    1800 Attack Level 6 ritual monster. You wont summon this but if you do…
    1)When it destroys a monster by battle it inflicts burn damage to the oponent equal to the Defence of the destroyed monster.
    The power of this card comes from its second effect.
    2)If this card is tributed, you can add 1 Light Fairy monster from your Deck to your hand. This includes: Dakini, Benten, Idaten, Cyber Petit or Senju. Can be triggered even by tributing with Enemy controller, not just your ritual spell cards. DAMN dat search power!

Cyber Angel Idaten: 1600 Attack Level 6 ritual monster.
    1)If you summon Idaten you can add 1 ritual spell card from your deck or graveyard to your hand. So far search power was for monsters. Now you have search power for your spells too
    2) If you tribute Idaten, ALL ritual monsters you currently control gain 1000 attack and 1000 defence. I ve seen Dakinis with 5700 attack thanks to this.

Cyber Petit Angel: 300/200 Level 2 monster. Our favorite little guy. When he is summoned, you can add 1 “Cyber Angel” monster or “Machine Angel Ritual” from your Deck to your hand. Basicaly draw Dakini, Benten, Idaten or Machine Angel Ritual. Notice a pattern with the draws? :P

Senju of the Thousand Hands: 1400/1000 Level 4 monster. You wont use him unless your starting hand is particularly bricky but when you summon him, you can add 1 Ritual Monster from your Deck to your hand (Dakini, Benten or Idaten).

Sonic Bird: 1400/1000 Level 4 WIND monster. The fact that its only non-Light monster in the deck only has repercussions that will be discussed later in the Machine Angel Absolute Ritual description (oh and it cant be searched by Benten). You wont use Sonic Bird unless your starting hand and draws have been REEEEALLY shitty. When you summon it, however, you can add 1 Ritual Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. (MAR or MAAR)

Machine Angel Ritual: aka The reason Cyber Angels were tier 0 before this card was limited to 1. Ritual Spell card to summon Dakini, Benten or Idaten. The interesting fact about this card is that If a Light monster you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect while this card is in your Graveyard, you can banish this card instead. That means ANYTHING that would destroy your monster. Michizure, monster effects, tribute to the doomed…. whatever. This card negates it. Be careful though because you can only use this effect once since it banishes the only copy of the card that you have. Keep in mind that if you use Dakini’s effect at the end of your turn to return MAR to the hand, then your monsters arent protected anymore, since it needs to be in the graveyard to activate its protection effect.

Machine Angel Absolute Ritual: Now this a very peculiar ritual spell card for Dakini, Benten and Idaten. 1 drawback and 1 MAJOR advantage. The drawback is that you need to tribute the EXACT number of levels of the monster you are ritual summoning. This means:
    Dakini needs 1 lvl 8 (Dakini) OR
                        1 lvl 6 (Benten, Idaten) + lvl 2 (Petit) OR
                        1 lvl 4+ 1 lvl 4 (Senju, Sonic Bird)
    Benten/Idaten need 1 lvl 6 (Benten/Idaten) OR
                                   1 lvl 4 (Senju, Sonic Bird) + 1 lvl 2 (Petit)

The amazing advantage is that the tributed monsters do not need to be in your hand or your field. they can also be used from your graveyard! When you tribute a monster with MAAR from the graveyard, it gets shuffled back into your deck.

Enemy Controller: Come on, really? Its Econ. Everyone knows this. On a serious note, except for the obvious stall, its second effect tributes. aka triggers Benten’s and Idaten’s effects. Also you can Econ tribute your petit angel for the enemy’s lvl 8 monster (Blue eyes, ancient gear golem etc) and use the oponent’s monter as tribute to summon Dakini. Same thing for lvl 6 and Benten/Idaten.

Spell Shield Type-8:
    This trap’s effect is used to counter the only weakness CAs have. The oponent’s Enemy Controller. I will discuss later how Econ affects CAs. IF you have surplus spells in your hand and want to troll the oponent a bit more you can use its secondary effect, but I wouldnt recommend it for normal play.

Windstorm of Etaqua: Simple stall trap in case you need one more round to set up. You shouldnt need this but it helps to get the deck to 20 cards.

Typical Plays

1) You always prefer to go second. Or at least summon Dakini AFTER the oponent has a monster on the field so you can just send it to the gy

2) Never tribute non ritual monsters from your hand. you want to first Summon them to get their search effects and THEN tribute them.

3) Always try to end a turn with a hand that basicly guarrantees you can summon a Dakini on the next turn. The next example illustrates this.

4)MAR+Benten+Petit= Dakini. Thanks to Dakini the oponent loses a monster. By tributing Benten you get to draw a card (I usually prefer Petit). At the end of your turn you get one card back from your gy due to Dakini. In this case I would typically get MAR.
    A starting hand like this leads to a final hand of Petit and MAR. If on your next turn you draw Dakini, Benten, or Idaten, then you can summon another Dakini. Summon Petit to get the card you need and go to town.

5)MAR+Benten+Benten= Dakini + 2 searches +1 recycle! (searches from benten, recycle at the end of the turn by Dakini)

6)MAAR + Benten + Petit = Dakini

7) One of the best plays is to summon Idaten by tributing Benten. That way you draw 1 monster AND 1 spell. Example of a shitty-ish hand (at first glance): Turn 2 MAAR, Econ, MAAR, Idaten, Benter. Bingo! a)MAAR + Benten = Idaten. Draw Petit and MAR. b) Summon petit to draw Dakini. c) MAR + Idaten + Petit = 3700 Dakini. d) At the end of the turn draw Idaten. So your hand now is MAAR and Idaten. If on your next draw you draw ANY monster card you can summon a Dakini.
    d1) Draw petit, summon petit, search Dakini, MAAR + Idaten + Petit = Dakini
    d2) Draw Benten, MAAR + Benten = Idaten, search Dakini and MAAR, MAAR + Idaten + Petit (in graveyard) = Dakini
    d3) Draw Senju, summon senju, search Dakini, MAAR + Idaten + Petit (graveyard)= Dakini
    d4) Draw Dakini, MAAR + Idaten + Petit (grave) = Dakini
    d5 Draw Dakini, MAAR + Benten(grave) + Petit(grave)= Dakini
    At this point I want you to stop and think. What If instead of recycling Idaten on that first turn I ended, I recycled Benten. Then every one of the above combos would work (except when drawing another Benten) AND you get to search one more card.
    And after all of this you end a turn with TWO Dakinis on the field. You get to recycle TWO cards!
    Most of the time you end a duel pretty quickly (turn 2 or 3) but this just goes to show how with even a shitty starting hand you are guarranteed to summon multiple dakinis

8) MAAR + Benten + Petit(grave) = Dakini and because of Benten you can search the same petit you just sent back into your deck.

9) Hand consists of Dakini, Dakini, MAAR, MAAR. You say fuck!. I say Bingo! Imagine you dont get to draw any cards and you only have those four cards. MAAR + Dakini = Dakini. End turn recycle Dakini. Next turn the opponent manages to even destroy your Dakini (unlikely but for the sake of the example…..). MAAR +Dakini(grave)= fucking Dakini again. And every time you summon a Dakini he loses a monster.

10) MAAR + Senju(normal or grave) +Senju (normal or grave) = Dakini

11)MAAR + Sonic Bird + Senju (grave or not) = Dakini[/size]
    [/size][/size][/size]
    More plays to write but I gotta head off to work. Will tweak the thread later.

Examples of cards to include other than the ones I mentioned (will update once im back with more cards and full description):
    Fairy’s Blessing, Saffira and her ritual spell, Floodgate Trap Hole, Wall of Disruption, Urgent Ritual Art, Curse of Anubis etc.

Will update later but be careful of the oponent activating Econ’s 2nd effect when you activate Dakini’s on-summon effect. That’s the only weakness CAs have.

Have fun trolling,

Your friendly neighborhood Derpy

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GoofGoof
    Participant

Couple of tips and/or gotcha’s

– The tribute effects of Idaten and Benten fire when you tribute them to prepare for an E-CON take. Very handy if you need an emergency boost (Idaten) for lethal, or need an emergency search (Benten).

– MAAR’s “return from GY to deck” can only work on Fairy monsters like Senju or one of the Angels. Sonic bird will NOT work for this, I’ve seen players lock up like this thinking they had 4 free levels of tribute in the GY when they don’t. You can still tribute it if it is on the field or in the hand, but in the latter case you lose a searcher.

– Tributing Idaten to summon Benten gives you a 2800 beater with significant burn damage. Don’t write this play off just because you miss two searches, you can later tribute Benten from the field to search, and Idaten can be recycled with Dakini or MAAR.

mpe14mpe14
    Participant

haha this guy derpyderp acts like he knows how to play this game. hahaha

good guide :P[/size]

klashklash
    Participant

Nice guide and so far so good am plat 1 now ::D but with weevil is such a mess :/ anyway to get around weevil deck using CAs deck?

DerpyderpDerpyderp
    Participant
    klash wrote:
    Nice guide and so far so good am plat 1 now ::D but with weevil is such a mess :/ anyway to get around weevil deck using CAs deck?

Weevil insect decks should be one of the easiest to counter with CAncer. Same goes for burn decks. In any case, as long as people dont stall for ages and have 3 floodgates you should be golden.

Got any examples of difficult plays to overcome against weevil?

PS Its really awesome to use parasite + benten/idaten to summon Dakini XD fills my heart with joy

torin555torin555
    Participant

Is there an effective alternative to the two Senjus? Pulling 2 of the same UR from Neo-Impact is nightmarish, to say the least.

DerpyderpDerpyderp
    Participant
    torin555 wrote:
    Is there an effective alternative to the two Senjus? Pulling 2 of the same UR from Neo-Impact is nightmarish, to say the least.

You could try to replace the 1 senju with Fairy’s Blessing. Its a rare from Neo Impact. 

No clue how it will affect the overall consistency though. 

It should still be a viable deck but im not entirely sure

GoofGoof
    Participant

Basically anything that’s not the “default” CA deck hurts it’s consistency.

Senju is a particulary bad card to lose;

– you lose a free +1 as a searcher
    – you lose 4 stars worth of tribute if you try and replace it with a spell card
    – it’s a fairy, so you can flip it back into the deck with MAAR and gain your searcher back, plus 4 stars towards a Dakini or Benten / Idaten…

torin555torin555
    Participant

Alright, I’ll keep pulling Neo-Impact. Already half way through my first box and haven’t gotten one yet :D. My luck is terrible…

klashklash
    Participant
    Derpyderp wrote:
    klash wrote:

Weevil insect decks should be one of the easiest to counter with CAncer. Same goes for burn decks. In any case, as long as people dont stall for ages and have 3 floodgates you should be golden.

PS Its really awesome to use parasite + benten/idaten to summon Dakini XD fills my heart with joy

yeah i guess i stalled it too much haha and i used the parasite to summon Dakini :P

Another question… is there a way to get around ECON when they use it against you (X3 times)

DerpyderpDerpyderp
    Participant
    klash wrote:
    Derpyderp wrote:
    klash wrote:

yeah i guess i stalled it too much haha and i used the parasite to summon Dakini :P

Another question… is there a way to get around ECON when they use it against you (X3 times)

my personal favorite is spell shield type-8. If you use it any other econs miss their timing. And as long as you get 1 dakini out you basicaly win the duel

Another tactic is to use pegasus and his mind scan ability. If you know the enemy has an econ set then simply dont activate dakini’s effect. You dont care if he switches your dakini to def position. The real strength of dakini is her end phase draw. You ll get him next turn ^_^

In the very rare occasion that you dont use dakini’s removal effect and the enemy has a monster with over 2700 attack and you cant use idaten to boost her attack, make sure you have MAR im your grabeyard to save Dakini for one more turn

devilgodzzdevilgodzz
    Participant

Update for Mai V.
    Can get windstorm card @ Level 25

DerpyderpDerpyderp
    Participant
    devilgodzz wrote:
    Update for Mai V.
    Can get windstorm card @ Level 25

You re right. Its actually lvl 25. I updated the steps in the guide to include unlocking her and using her to farm alexis, which makes it relatively easy to obtain windstorm.

Thanks for the heads up :D

klashklash
    Participant

Why sometimes mind scan stop scanning the facedowns?

DerpyderpDerpyderp
    Participant
    klash wrote:
    Why sometimes mind scan stop scanning the facedowns?

Mind Scan will only show you the opponent’s cards if your LPs are 3000 or more.

If you are at 2999 or lower, it stops working

klashklash
    Participant

I see thanks :D

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.